Doctorate in Civil Engineering – Specialization in Soil Mechanics, University of Bologna 1964.
From 1965 to 1968 worked for Icos and affiliated companies in Italy, Canada and the United States in field positions on increasing responsibility.
From 1968 to 1984 Executive Vice President of Icos Corporation of America, a specialized construction company in the underground and foundation field, completely responsible for business development, securing both negotiated and contracted work, overseeing all Icos projects and proposals, company investments and the general management of the entire organization. Since 1984, President of Icos of Corporation of America and since 1988 its sole owner. After the establishment of TREVIICOS in the United States, a Director of the company.
Served as President of Treviicos from 2002 to 2005. From January 2007, Special Projects Executive for Kiewit Construction.
- World Trade Center, test shafts and perimeter slurry wall
- Manicouagan Dam, 428’ deep cut-off wall
- Wolf Creek Dam, deep cut-off wall through existing dam with reservoir impounded
- Various cut and cover sections by slurry wall method in the New York, Washington, Philadelphia, Caracas, Pusan, Seoul, Hong Kong and Singapore subway systems
- First slurry wall in Hong Kong at the New World Center
- First deep slurry trench in modern times at the Huxtable Pumping Station for the USCOE Memphis District, followed by many others in US and Canada
- First plastic deep cut-off for the Colbun dam in Chile, followed by deep plastic cut-offs for the Stewart Bridge dam in NY and for the Utah Mine project in Vancouver Island
- World Trade Center Eastbathtub Slurry Wall
- Planned and executed the opening of the American market for ICOS, as well as re-established ICOS’ presence in South America
- Introduced slurry wall technology in Hong Kong, Korea and Singapore
- Invented and applied novel methods in design, approach and execution of slurry wall projects
- Holder of six US patents on underground technology
- Kiewit Construction - Special Projects Executive
- ICOS Orient - Hong Kong: President and CEO
- ICOS Vibro - Hong Kong: Chairman
- ICOS Korea - Chairman
- ICANDA - Montreal: Chairman
- L&M - Singapore: Consultant
- Hycon Construction Systems - USA: Consultant
- Registered Professional Engineer in Italy
- Life Member of U.S. Committee on Large Dams
- Member of Society of American Military Engineers
- Member of American Society Civil Engineers
- Member of The Moles
- Board Member of Deep Foundation Institute
- Member of ADSC
- University of Wisconsin
- Illinois Institute of Technology
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Montreal University
- Virginia Tech
- Columbia University
- Various slurry wall and foundation seminars in North and South America, Europe and the Far East
Nominated for ENR man of the year award
Recipient ASCE Greensfelder construction prize
Fluent in Italian, French and Spanish, notions of German.